SAN ANTONIO — UTSA has released the following information for fans planning to attend the Roadrunners’ home game against South Florida on Friday, Nov. 17. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. at the Alamodome.
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
UTSA is giving away free, commemorative Friday Night Lights posters to the first 5,000 fans to enter the Alamodome. These will be available at both the North and South entrances once doors open at 6:30 p.m. There is a limit of one poster per person.
UTSA will honor 18 seniors in a pregame ceremony on the field. Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 7:35 p.m. to help celebrate Daron Allman, Ernesto Almaraz, Trumane Bell II, Oscar Cardenas, Joshua Cephus, Lucas Dean, Joe Evans, Nicktroy Fortune, Rocko Griffin, Frank Harris, Makai Hart, Terrell Haynes, Payne He’Bert, Brandon Matterson, Kelechi Nwachuku, Tykee Ogle-Kellogg, Kyle Wakefield and Rashad Wisdom.
Tickets are on sale by calling or texting 210-458-UTSA (8872) or visiting ticketmaster.com. UTSA has transitioned to digital tickets through the Account Manager. For more information, please visit goutsa.com/tickets.
All students currently enrolled at UTSA are eligible for free admission to all home football games. UTSA students may purchase up to four guest tickets for student section seating.
For walk-up sales, the Alamodome Southwest Box Office will open at 10 a.m. and all other Alamodome box offices will open at 5:30 p.m. Customer service windows are located at the Northeast and Southeast box offices.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
The Alamodome Clear Bag Policy is in effect all season.
With normal rush-hour traffic expected in the downtown area prior to kickoff, fans are advised to plan ahead, arriving early for parking options or utilize VIA’s Park & Ride. For a look at downtown street and lane closures, visit https://www.sanantonio.gov/PublicWorks/News-and-Media/Street-Closures/Downtown-Lane-Closures.
Doors open to the public at 6:30 p.m. Please enter the stadium well before kickoff to avoid long lines.
Speed lanes will be available at security checkpoints for those with no bags. Please have your keys, phone and wallet out before getting to the scanners.
Please have your tickets out or loaded on your phone with the screen brightness turned all the way up before reaching the doors.
Student seating is general admission within Sections 122-131. To accommodate increased student attendance, Sections 317-319 will be open for student general admission seating. The Spirit of San Antonio band will occupy Sections 127-128.
Parking in Alamodome Lots A, B and C, as well as in the UTSA Institute of Texan Cultures (ITC) lots, is limited to fans who already have purchased permits. Alamodome Lots A, B and C will open at 1:30 p.m. and the ITC lots will open at 5 p.m. for those who have valid parking passes. Please do NOT enter the lots prior to the scheduled opening time or staff will ask you to vacate your spot(s) and re-enter once the lots are open. The Alamodome parking lots close to tailgating one hour after the conclusion of the game.
Limited ADA parking spots are available in Lot A on a first-come, first-served basis. By state law, veterans with Disabled Veteran plates that do NOT have a valid state-issued disability placard are not permitted to park in ADA accessible spaces. The Disabled Veteran and ADA state-issued accessibility placard are two separate designations.
There are several paid public parking lots in the general vicinity of the Alamodome and downtown San Antonio. For the City’s available downtown parking, visit https://gis.sanantonio.gov/CCDO/DowntownParking/index.html.
Alamodome parking lots will open at 1:30 p.m. and close one hour after the conclusion of the game. Tailgating is not permitted in the ITC parking lots. For more information and City of San Antonio tailgating guidelines, please visit goUTSA.com.
The drop-off and pick-up location for rideshare users is located in Parking Lot D next to the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center at the corner of Montana Street and Tower of Americas Way.
Via will offer Park & Ride Service with roundtrip travel to the Alamodome for just $2.60. Service to all UTSA home games will be provided from the Crossroads Park & Ride, beginning three hours before game time, and return service will run for one hour after each game.
A discount fare of $1.30 roundtrip (two one-way trips of .65¢ each) is available for children ages 5-13; senior citizens 62 years and older; Medicare recipients; persons with disabilities; and students with a valid VIA ID.
Pre-purchase tickets on VIA’s goMobile+ app, available to download free on Apple and Android devices. Cash and credit cards are accepted on game day at the Crossroads Park & Ride location.
UTSA students can use their U-Pass for service to the game. VIAtrans customers and children under age 5 ride for free. VIA bus passes are not valid for this service. VIA’s Day Pass, 7-Day Pass, 31-Day Pass and U-Pass are valid for Special Event Service.
UTSA STUDENT TRANSPORTATION
Students and their guests may park at the UTSA Main Campus and catch a UTSA shuttle to the game at the North Paseo Bus Oval, just outside of the North Paseo Building. Shuttles will begin service to the Alamodome at 5 p.m. The last shuttle to the game will depart campus at 7:30 p.m. Students will be dropped off and picked up at the Robert Thompson Transit Station at the Alamodome. Buses will begin return service back to UTSA at the start of the fourth quarter and the last shuttle bus from the Alamodome will depart one hour after the end of the game.
UTSA ROADRUNNERS MOBILE APP
UTSA Roadrunners mobile app is all new. Through the app, UTSA fans will enjoy a personalized mobile experience with the ability to manage tickets, shop for official UTSA Athletics merchandise and receive breaking news and score notifications for the teams they follow. Visit the App Store or Google Play and search for “UTSA Roadrunners.”
To be part of the Rowdy Light Show during introductions, download/update the UTSA Roadrunners app, click on the MORE menu option at the bottom, then click on Rowdy Light Show and accept all permissions.
GAME DAY EXPERIENCE
Located in the H-E-B Plaza and VIA Bridge on the north side of the Alamodome, Fan Zone opens at 5 p.m. and is completely free for all UTSA fans to take part in pregame festivities, which include:
· Children’s inflatable obstacle course
· Free UTSA gear and prizes
· Dogs for adoption from the Animal Defense League of Texas at the North Park Subaru
· Free frozen custard samples from Shake Shack
Several giveaways will take place at Friday’s game:
• One lucky fan will win a 2023 Chevy Colorado, courtesy of All-American Car Wash and Ancira.
• BMW is giving away a trip to New Orleans for the Tulane game in a BMW iX.
• Five lucky students will have a chance to win cash for field goal kicks at halftime from Kahlig Auto.
• North Park Subaru will be giving a large donation to the Texas Animal Defense League at halftime.
• Spirit Walk will take place at 5:45 p.m. UTSA head football coach Jeff Traylor and the football team will walk from Cherry Street down Roadrunner Alley, which is located between parking lots B and C. Rowdy the Roadrunner, UTSA Cheer and the Spirit of San Antonio marching band welcome the team as they walk along the path and into the Alamodome prior to the game.
• Fans can buy the latest UTSA apparel and accessories from Rowdy Campus Store, which will be set up adjacent to Roadrunner Alley, which is located between Lots B & C. Merchandise sales counters are also located inside the Alamodome on the Plaza Level concourses near section 106 and 118.
• The UTSA Alumni Association hosts the Forever Rowdy Tailgate on game day. The tailgate will open at 5 p.m. Fans can enjoy food, drinks, and activities “carnival style,” which means entry into the tailgate area is FREE for everyone. Coupons will be available to purchase for enjoying food and drinks. For more information, please visit https://www.tickettailor.com/events/utsaalumni/1047887.
• The UTSA football team will not conduct a postgame autograph session following Friday’s game as it has done in past seasons. This season, the program held a meet-and-greet event on Aug. 5 at which players and coaches interacted with fans and signed autographs. To ensure the safety of the Roadrunners and our opponent, fans are instructed to stay off the field following the conclusion of Friday’s game.
Friday’s game will air on ESPN2, on WatchESPN and via the ESPN mobile app. Anish Shroff (play-by-play), Andre Ware (analyst) and Paul Carcaterra (reporter) will call the action. The game will air live in the San Antonio area on Sports Radio AM 760 The Ticket, online at Ticket760.com, via the free iHeartRadio app and on SiriusXM 392. Andy Everett (play-by-play), Jay Riley (analyst) and Pat Evans (reporter) have the call. There will be a two-hour pregame and 45-minute postgame show.