SAN ANTONIO — UTSA has released the following information for fans planning to attend the Roadrunners’ home game against UAB on Saturday, Oct. 14. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. at the Alamodome.
HISPANIC HERITAGE GAME
Saturday will mark UTSA’s annual Hispanic Heritage Game. Ballet Folklórico Sol de San Antonio and Mariachi Los Paisanos will perform at halftime with the Spirit of San Antonio Marching Band to herald Hispanic culture. Rubén Minutti Zanatta, Cónsul General of México in San Antonio, will perform the pregame coin toss.
Tickets are on sale by calling or texting 210-458-UTSA (8872) or visiting ticketmaster.com. UTSA has transitioned to digital tickets through the Account Manager. For more information, please visit goutsa.com/tickets.
All students currently enrolled at UTSA are eligible for free admission to all home football games. UTSA students may purchase up to four guest tickets for student section seating.
For walk-up sales, the Alamodome Southwest Box Office will open at 1 p.m. and all other Alamodome box offices will open at 4:30 p.m. Customer service windows are located at the Northeast and Southeast box offices.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
The Alamodome Clear Bag Policy is in effect all season.
With two other events being held on Saturday in the downtown area, disruptions to traffic and parking are expected. Fans are advised to plan ahead, arriving early for parking options or utilize VIA’s Park & Ride. For a look at downtown street and lane closures, visit sanantonio.gov/PublicWorks/.
Doors open to the public at 5:30 p.m. Please enter the stadium well before kickoff to avoid long lines.
Speed lanes will be available at security checkpoints for those with no bags. Please have your keys, phone and wallet out before getting to the scanners.
Please have your tickets out or loaded on your phone with the screen brightness turned all the way up before reaching the doors.
Student seating is general admission within Sections 122-131. To accommodate increased student attendance, Sections 317-319 will be open for student general admission seating. The Spirit of San Antonio band will occupy Sections 127-128.
Parking in Alamodome Lots A, B and C, as well as in the UTSA Institute of Texan Cultures (ITC) lots, is limited to fans who already have purchased permits. Alamodome Lots A, B and C will open at 12:30 p.m. and the ITC lots will open at 4 p.m. for those who have valid parking passes. Please do NOT enter the lots prior to the scheduled opening time or staff will ask you to vacate your spot(s) and re-enter once the lots are open. The Alamodome parking lots close to tailgating one hour after the conclusion of the game.
Limited ADA parking spots are available in Lot A on a first-come, first-served basis. By state law, veterans with Disabled Veteran plates that do NOT have a valid state-issued disability placard are not permitted to park in ADA accessible spaces. The Disabled Veteran and ADA state-issued accessibility placard are two separate designations.
There are several paid public parking lots in the general vicinity of the Alamodome and downtown San Antonio. For the City’s available downtown parking, visit gis.sanantonio.gov/CCDO/DowntownParking/index.html.
Alamodome parking lots will open at 12:30 p.m. and close one hour after the conclusion of the game. Tailgating is not permitted in the ITC parking lots. For more information and City of San Antonio tailgating guidelines, please visit goUTSA.com.
The drop-off and pick-up location for rideshare users is located in Parking Lot D next to the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center at the corner of Montana Street and Tower of Americas Way.
Via will offer Park & Ride Service with roundtrip travel to the Alamodome for just $2.60. Service to all UTSA home games will be provided from the Crossroads Park & Ride, beginning three hours before game time, and return service will run for one hour after each game.
A discount fare of $1.30 roundtrip (two one-way trips of .65¢ each) is available for children ages 5-13; senior citizens 62 years and older; Medicare recipients; persons with disabilities; and students with a valid VIA ID.
Pre-purchase tickets on VIA’s goMobile+ app, available to download free on Apple and Android devices. Cash and credit cards are accepted on game day at the Crossroads Park & Ride location.
UTSA students can use their U-Pass for service to the game. VIAtrans customers and children under age 5 ride for free. VIA bus passes are not valid for this service. VIA’s Day Pass, 7-Day Pass, 31-Day Pass and U-Pass are valid for Special Event Service.
UTSA STUDENT TRANSPORTATION
Students and their guests may park at the UTSA Main Campus and catch a UTSA shuttle to the game at the North Paseo Bus Oval, just outside of the North Paseo Building. Shuttles will begin service to the Alamodome at 4 p.m. The last shuttle to the game will depart campus at 6:30 p.m. Students will be dropped off and picked up at the Robert Thompson Transit Station at the Alamodome. Buses will begin return service back to UTSA at the start of the fourth quarter and the last shuttle bus from the Alamodome will depart one hour after the end of the game.
GAME DAY EXPERIENCE
Located in the H-E-B Plaza and VIA Bridge on the north side of the Alamodome, Fan Zone opens at 4 p.m. and is completely free for all UTSA fans to take part in pregame festivities, which include:
- Live performances
- Interactive games
- Free UTSA gear and prizes
- Dogs for adoption from the Animal Defense League of Texas at the North Park Subaru
- Children’s inflatable obstacle course
- Interactive displays from UTSA sponsors
• Spirit Walk will take place at 4:45 p.m. UTSA head football coach Jeff Traylor and the football team will walk from Cherry Street down Roadrunner Alley, which is located between parking lots B and C. Rowdy the Roadrunner, UTSA Cheer and the Spirit of San Antonio marching band welcome the team as they walk along the path and into the Alamodome prior to the game.
• Fans can buy the latest UTSA apparel and accessories from Rowdy Campus Store, which will be set up adjacent to Roadrunner Alley, which is located between Lots B & C. Merchandise sales counters are also located inside the Alamodome on the Plaza Level concourses near section 106 and 118.
• The UTSA Alumni Association hosts the Forever Rowdy Tailgate on game day. The tailgate will open at 4 p.m. Fans can enjoy food, drinks, and activities “carnival style,” which means entry into the tailgate area is FREE for everyone. Coupons will be available to purchase for enjoying food and drinks. For more information, please visit tickettailor.com/events/utsaalumni/.
• UTSA families are invited to this special UTSA Student Indoor Tailgate: Family Weekend Edition, which will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Alamodome, Multipurpose Room (north end of Field Level. Free food and beverages will be available (while supplies last). Students and their family members may access the Student Indoor Tailgate by entering the Alamodome near the Fan Zone at H-E-B Plaza and heading down the stairs to the Field Level.
Saturday’s game will be televised nationally on ESPNU and it will be available online at WatchESPN and via the ESPN mobile app. Jay Alter (play-by-play) and Rene Ingoglia (analyst) will call the action. The game will air live in the San Antonio area on Ticket 760, online at Ticket760.com, via the free iHeartRadio app and on SiriusXM 388. Andy Everett (play-by-play), Jay Riley (analyst) and Pat Evans (reporter) have the call. There will be a two-hour pregame and 45-minute postgame show.