SAN ANTONIO - In its first season as a member of the American Athletic Conference, UTSA saw fans respond with record-breaking attendance numbers and ticket sales for the fall sports of football, volleyball and soccer.
- UTSA football averaged 28,876 fans during the 2023 season, which marked the fourth-highest average regular-season attendance in program history and was approximately 2,000 more fans per game than in the 2022 regular season.
- The Roadrunners posted a total attendance of 173,258 fans, marking the highest regular-season attendance total for the Roadrunners since welcoming 175,282 fans in 2013.
- Over the course of the 2023 season, UTSA welcomed 15,486 students to home football games, which marked the program’s highest student total attendance figure since the inaugural season of 2011.
- The UTSA soccer team ranked No. 1 in the American Athletic Conference this season in both total and average attendance with more than 7,000 fans attending games this season.
- The 2023 UTSA soccer attendance broke the 2007 season’s attendance record of 6,634 total fans.
The Roadrunners ranked top-45 in the nation in women’s soccer attendance.
- UTSA’s crowd of 1,397 fans at the Aug. 17 season opener against Central Arkansas marked the highest attendance in Coach Derek Pittman’s tenure.
- UTSA recorded the highest attendance in program history with more than 11,000 fans passing through the turnstiles during the 2023 campaign.
- UTSA volleyball season ticket sales more than doubled in 2023 from the previous year.
- Four matches in 2023 featured an attendance of 1,000 or more fans.